I usually bake only for special occasions. We don’t like sweets that much and sharing all goodies with colleagues doesn’t make sense to me either. When we feel like having something sweet we go to our favorite cafe for a piece of cake – no mess in the kitchen.
This hasn’t been possible for the last five weeks due to the Corona crisis and the only solution that I saw was baking easy cakes myself. And it’s so much fun! I have realized that I enjoy baking and if I have enough time I will continue creating new sweet recipes after lockdown as well. Today, I baked a delicious cake with mixed berries and crumble on top. It’s a very easy recipe, so don’t be afraid to try it.
For the cake you will need:
300 g shredded apple
200 g all purpose flour
100 ml plantbased milk (I use homemade oat milk)
50 g brown sugar
50 ml vegetable oil (you can use extra virgin olive oil too)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Frozen mixed berries (as much as you like)
For the crumble you will need
4 tbsp oats
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp sweetener (I use agave syrup)
How to make it?
- Preheat the oven on 180 degree Celsius (fan)
- Mix all the cake ingredients in a big bowl (except of the mixed berries)
- Prepare the crumble by mixing all ingredients together
- Spread the batter in a greased cake tin. I used 30*40 cm. The batter should be thick and you will have to use a spatula to spread it in the tin. The layer should be about 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle the batter with frozen berries. Do not defrost them in advance.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top and bake the cake for 25 minutes or until the crumble turns pink/lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
It’s my favorite cake to eat with my afternoon matcha latte. Not that sweet, moist, tasty crumble – great combination for a treat!
Let me know how you like it if you get a chance to try it!
Thank you for visiting!